.

.

Saturday, April 27, 2024

New House Semi Move-In Day & Anxiety Fun

I should've been doing this all along through our new house journey and all the ups and downs that came with that...plus the multitude of other turmoils that have been happening simultaneously.  It probably would have helped with the stress and angst if I'd been writing about throughout but, oh well, I'll just start now and going forward will tell the story backwards, I guess.

Today we are moving the important furniture from old house to new house which means that I will transition from living in one place to (mostly) living in another place. 
So, a whole bunch of new-ness.

All week I've been excited for this. I've been packing feverishly and chomping at the bit to get to the new house.  I excitedly put in my change of address for the post office to forward mail starting Monday. I ordered a new toaster and a new tablecloth for the patio table the previous owner of the new house left behind.  I was oddly really excited about the new toaster šŸ˜

Today? The day it's actually happening? The day I get to set up my new toaster on my new counter?
Completely filled with anxiety and what if's. 



Man, I hate the what if's...but my brain seems to adore them.

Also, no matter how tired I've been every day, I've been waking up at 4-4:30am with no chance of going back to sleep.

Exhaustion and anxiety.  Yay.



Next week I will be mostly at the new house, unpacking stuff but mostly just resting a lot and trying to start the reset after months of high anxiety.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)