.

.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

My Website Is All Wrong

It's true; there is nothing "right" about my website.

According to today's yawn standards, the design of it is all wrong. 
Google will probably never find it.
Don't even try to view it on a phone - it'll look like a hot mess.

Truth is, none of that matters because I'm having a ton of fun customizing it just the way I like it.
Building up my website is one of my hobbies; I'm not doing it so that I can be Internet Fabulous. 
I love designing an element in Photoshop then importing to my site. I love adding stuff that gives insight into who I am and what I like. I'm not going to not do the things that I find fun or that I love just because it isn't done that way anymore or it doesn't work exactly how it's supposed to. 

And have you seen websites lately? They're beyond boring. And white. Oh so much white. One dimensional. No personalization. Just here-is-my-neutral-website-and-here-are-the-things-I-sell.
There are exceptions, but they seem to be few and far between.  

Remember back in the day when websites were colorful and fun and even interactive? There were widgets and elements and cool things. Little gadgets that would tell you what moon phase we were in.  Flash made everything lively and entertaining.

It's all been replaced by apps.  

I'm old fashioned in a lot of ways and while I do use apps, I don't constantly walk around with my phone (how do people see anything properly on those little screens?) and I definitely go to my laptop or - gasp! - my desktop to view websites  ... which of course makes me an out-of-touch weirdo.

And that's just how I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)