.

.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Old Letters, Vol. 1

I recently reconnected with the best friend I ever had. Our best friend relationship started in 7th grade - which was a really long time ago.

She came to visit me and brought with her a bag filled with many letters I wrote to her over many years.

In a very old letter to her that from when I was a teenager, I wrote:

"you are the only person I know that would understand how good 
the simplicity of a rainy day on a pier with the seagulls could be."

I think I was 17 when I wrote that.
Now, decades later, I am in awe of re-discovering my young self again through these letters.
Of finding that I was the me that I am even back then.

And of the breathlessness of having a friend who knew - and knows - my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)