.

.

Monday, October 29, 2018

SUNDAY AT KUERNER FARM




(sorry about the direction of the camera - i thought to shoot the video at the last second and was flustered)

JP and I got to spend the entire day wandering around Kuerner Farm, outside and inside.

If you are an Andrew Wyeth fan you will understand how surreal the above sentence is.



Kuerner Farm is where Andrew Wyeth created thousands of artwork, including some of his most famous.

And I walked in those footsteps all day on Sunday.

I carried two cameras and JP had one and together we shot 500+ photos over a four hour period.
The people at the farm were laughing at me and all the equipment I had slung around my neck. 

As an opportunity like this doesn't come along all that often, I couldn't risk shooting with just one camera and having something go wrong. 

I want you to understand that I stood in places where Andrew Wyeth stood, walked, sketched, painted.
I took photographs of things that are some of his most famous paintings.
I touched those things, laid my hands on them to connect with them.
I was not standing behind a red velvet rope draped between stanchions to keep me just far enough away from the important things.
The important things were there; mine - not for the taking, but certainly for the touching.

This is Andrew Wyeth's Spring Fed:


And here is my photograph of the same thing:


When I walked into this room in the barn I didn't do anything at all for at least several minutes.
Just stood there, almost afraid to move really.  I was alone so I could have stayed in there as long as I wanted and had it all to myself.  I touched the walls, the cold wet stone.
I dipped my fingers in the water and tasted that water and it was surprisingly sweet.  And very cold.
Please look again at the first picture above, the Andrew Wyeth painting.  Understand that I dipped my fingers into that very picture.  Understand that I tasted the water in that very picture.

While wandering around the barn - including dark and damp corners - I said to JP that I would not be very happy if I happened to run into a rat at any point.  Well, thankfully that never happened but I did run into this fellow:


He/she was a quite chubby little mouse and had no care at all that we stood three feet away.

That's just how things seem to be at Kuerner Farm, though. You can't see the people and the farmhouse is vacant of  most of its furniture, but if you close your eyes it is as if it's still business as usual there.

I'll share some more of the pictures when I'm done going through them all which is going to take some time.

Follow me on Instagram as I post stuff there, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)