.

.

Friday, June 9, 2023

Cake. Cakecakecakecake...

You know how people cocoon in wintertime and do all kinds of cozy, hygge-ish things like hunker down on the couch, hide from outside, cry for no reason, bake stuff to satisfy the overwhelming carb cravings?

That's me in summertime, thanks to Summer/Reverse SAD.

I need comfort and comforting in summer. The heat, the intrusive and glaring sunshine, the too long days - all cause me a great deal of discomfort and what comforts more than anything when one is in a state of discomfort?

No, not anti-depressants.  Or tequila.

It's cake, of course.

 

 


 Have you ever met one of those people who, when offered a piece of cake, put their hand up and say nonsensical things like, "none for me, Bob*"?


Or the ones who also use their hand - specifically their thumb and index finger - to show you the miniscule size of cake that they will accept, which is sometimes followed by some blathering about watching what they eat blah blah blah blah blah
 
Their finger suggestion size is usually about 1" which I suggest is at least 4 or 5 times too small.
 
Yeah, they are not my kind of people. 
They are not part of my tribe.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
How about the "I don't care for chocolate" crowd?  
not Bob   




 
Are they not the worst?!

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
It is clear by my excessive enthusiasm (and waistline) that I adore cake. 
Equal to that is my love of feeding people cake. Nothing makes me happier than baking something cake-like so that I can revel with others in our mutual cake love.  
Ecstatic eye rolls?  Lots of "mmmmmmm's"?  
Yes, please.
 
In my next post, I'll be sharing my recipe and (related artwork) for the Sicilian Orange Cake that I recently made and sent in to work with my husband which resulted in lots of gratifying mmmmmm's from his staff that he shared with me. 
In the post after that I will share the Strawberry Cake that I also made - both within a week.
 
Apparently, standing over a hot oven is my definition of Hot Girl Summer this year.




*P.S. I have no idea who Bob is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)