.

.

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Globe, Berlin, MD - A Decade Ago


That one show, 10 years ago, when and where it all started.


I had sent out postcards to galleries that featured my artwork, introducing myself & with a simple statement about being interested in showing at their venue.

Long story short, the owner of The Globe liked what she saw, had me come down to Berlin, MD for a meeting and the rest is history...kismet...serendipity.

To say I was well-received there would be a major understatement.

That one show turned into a few other shows and then eventually I was given the amazing opportunity becoming The Globe's sole resident artist with my artwork on the walls 365 days a year for several years until they closed just before the pandemic.

A lot of years of making new friends, hearing stories about how my artwork evoked memories, and success both monetarily and on a soul level. All of that in an environment that felt warm, inviting, cozy.



I miss it there. I went through a pretty big funk after The Globe closed (they eventually reopened but with a new owner/vibe).
I'm happy to say that it is in the works for me to be returning to that area and tapping back into the energy that gave me so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)