.

.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

North Carolina ♥

I can't stop thinking about western North Carolina - I've got a whole bunch of memories from that area since I spent half my childhood at my father's house in Pilot Mountain, an hour or so east of there.

There was one day that always stands out.

We went to Boone and Blowing Rock and every other place all around there.
We drove and drove and talked and talked - just me and my dad - and ate the pimento cheese sandwiches (my dad's favorite) we brought with us along the way.

We stopped at Mystery Hill - this really strange place where there's a gravitational pull that makes you stand crooked.
We went to Grandfather Mountain and I sat on the edge of a boulder, where I didn't realize at first that my feet were dangling over a God knows how many feet drop because the view of those mountains is so freakin' amazing it makes you lose your senses.

A million memories in that one day.

Anyway, sometimes a memory is even better when you can share it. These are some pictures of me from that day.

Pray for North Carolina

Mystery Hill






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Thank you, too, for not spamming and trolling anonymously.
We know who you are through tracking :-)