A wonderfully cloudy day yesterday with rain and non-severe storms last night.
I was calm, happy - felt that heavy, burdensome weight of summer lift off of me.
Stood at the front door for a long time just watching the heavy rain fall.
Woke up to bright sunshine and 0% chance of clouds or rain today and my mood has plummeted.
The weight is back.
This is ife with Reverse (Summer) Seasonal Affective Disorder (R-SAD).
![]() |
| bleh. |
There's not a lot of options for me (personally) to deal with having R-SAD. I do not take medications (such as anti-depressants) because
1. I hate medications, and
2. Nearly all medications cause abnormal side effects for me, above and beyond what the medication's side effects pamphlets might indicate. I am just not cut out for pharmaceuticals*. Not that long ago I sprung $$ for genetic testing to see what meds might and might not work for me and some that were on the list as good meds were the ones that had caused tremendous problems for me in the past. C'est la vie, right?
I have always been very interested in holistic options for well-being and one, in particular, has served me through the many traumas I've been dealt: Bach Rescue Remedy, a combination of flower essences that calm the mind, body and spirit naturally and safely.
If you are unfamiliar with the Bach line of flower essence products, you can read about them here.
There are individual Bach remedies that address many different issues someone might be dealing with - here is a quick reference guide to the 38 remedies and the particular characteristic or emotional state they can help: Bach Remedy Quick Reference Guide
If you are unfamiliar with the Bach line of flower essence products, you can read about them here.
There are individual Bach remedies that address many different issues someone might be dealing with - here is a quick reference guide to the 38 remedies and the particular characteristic or emotional state they can help: Bach Remedy Quick Reference Guide
Additionally, Rose Todd, a Bach Remedy expert, has an amazingly helpful website and she's very responsive to messages and questions you might have. She wrote a post for people like me who suffer with summer: Too Hot To Handle

*I used to be okay with medications of any kind but that all changed when I suffered a double pneumothorax (lung collapse) in 2009. My brain was likely affected (hypoxia) as a result of going days with reduced oxygen (left lung was 100% collapsed, right lung was 75+% collapsed. I had about two hours left to live by the time I got to the hospital.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your thoughtful comment.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.